Throughout the long history of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, Catholic education has always been recognized as a vital ministry of our local Church.
Our first diocesan bishop, Bishop Edward Fenwick, started a school for young women in 1825, just four years after the foundation of the diocese. It opened with 25 students and two teachers. Today, the archdiocese has 111 Catholic schools with more than 40,000 students.
Class size, subjects taught, technology and the social environment in which our schools operate have all changed. . .