Ursuline Academy seeks an organized and energetic professional to fill the role of Assistant Director of Admissions. The Assistant Director of Admissions is responsible for participation in all aspects of the recruitment and admissions process. In coordination with the Director of Admissions, the Assistant Director of Admissions will assist in the management of all admission inquiries and applications submitted to the school and track the candidates admissions progress from inquiry to enrollment. The Assistant Director of Admissions will effectively correspond with prospective families and other constituents as required and partner with the Director of Admissions to execute admissions events in a professional manner. The Assistant Director must exercise considerable initiative in learning new systems, event planning and execution, strategic data usage and reporting, and providing general administrative support. Must possess superior interpersonal skills, excellent organization, and a positive, can-do attitude. Most importantly, the Assistant Director acts as a mission-focused representative of Ursuline Academy to both prospective and enrolled families as well as other external and internal constituents.
• Take an active role in helping to manage the enrollment management database, including data entry and configuration, creating and managing event registration forms, pulling queries, mailing lists, and other reports, creating nametags, and tracking the application progress of applicants.
• Coordinate admissions mailings, both regular and bulk.
• Assist as needed with the planning and execution of all admissions events, including weekend and evening events, as well as events taking place during the school day such as shadow days and parent tours.
• Assist the Director of Admissions in coordinating parent and student volunteers who support the Office of Admissions.
• Extend hospitality to all current and prospective families, as well as other constituents – in person, via email, and over the phone.
• Assist as needed with creating flyers, emails, and other promotional materials as needed.
• Communicate with Catholic grade schools to share upcoming recruitment events and other messages as needed.
• In coordination with the Director of Admissions, plan, organize, and facilitate the special interest summer camp program. The Assistant Director will take a lead role in this.
• Maintain proficiency in all needed technology requirements.
• The job description shall include but is not limited to the above duties.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Exceptional written and verbal communication and organizational skills.
• Proficient with basic office equipment and computer applications within Microsoft Office 365, especially Microsoft Excel. Experience working with constituent databases preferred.
• The ability to be flexible and innovative in a fast-paced school environment.
• Ability to develop, maintain and promote cooperative, professional, and respectful working relationships with all employees, parents, students, board members, volunteers and prospective families.
• Strong initiative to learn, grow and develop skills that will improve the efficiency and effectiveness of the admissions office.
• Must have enthusiasm for the job and a positive, supportive customer service approach and ability to work hard to strengthen the awareness of the value of an Ursuline education across Cincinnati.
• Must maintain a high level of confidentiality and privacy about student applications, test scores, and other sensitive information.
• VIRTUS certification (Protecting God’s Children), can be earned after hired.
Email resume and cover letter to Ashley Enyeart Higgins, Director of Admissions, at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line, “Assistant Director of Admissions.”
Position is full-time and year-round (12 months), beginning in July 2020; pay commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Applications will be accepted until June 19, 2020 or until the position is filled.