Archdiocesan Youth Athletics Initiative: Commission
The Catholic Youth Athletics Commission
The Archdiocese of Cincinnati Charter on Catholic Youth Athletics calls for the creation of Catholic Youth Athletics Commission, appointed under the authority of the Archbishop, to administer it. The Commission has members from all regions of the Archdiocese, and is composed of various constituencies (i.e., parents, league leaders, athletic directors, deacons, etc.) In short, the Commission is made up of people who care deeply about kids, sports and faith, and know a ton about all three. The work of the Commission is to provide:
- Consistency: To work towards consistency of Catholic identity, norms for behavior and sportsmanship, due process, and fairness in youth athletics across the Archdiocese.
- Oversight: To provide an Archdiocesan-wide perspective on youth athletics to work towards a unified expression of Catholic identity in Catholic Youth Athletics.
- Governance: To provide a central structure for maintaining Archdiocesan policies and best practices, fairly and consistently applied from parish to parish, school to school and region to region – while respecting and honoring regional differences and uniqueness.
There is an executive committee and two regional committees (one for Cincinnati and another for Dayton/North). Each regional committee may also establish and convene subcommittees, including but not limited to the following:
- Catholic Faith & Spirit Subcommittee
- Leagues Subcommittee
- Athletics Organizations Subcommittee
- Grievances and Appeals Subcommittee
For the full commission membership document, click here.
Here are the 2014-2015 Commission Members:
|Sean Reynolds||Executive Committee Leader|
|Greg Tankersly||Athletics Representative|
|Deacon Dave Profitt||Chaplain|
|Don Back||Chair, League Leaders|
|Bill Montour||Chair, Grievances and Appeals|
|Greg Smorey||Chair, Faith and Spirit|
|Gina Kelly||Chair, Athletics Organizations|
|Tim Colbert||Regional Committee Leader|
|Chuck Kohnen||Athletics Representative|
|Chris Emmerich||Chair, League Leaders|
|Charlie Salway||Chair, Grievances and Appeals|
|Tim Colbert||Chair, Faith and Spirit|
|Ray Van Voorhes||Chair, Athletics Organizations|