The Archdiocese of Cincinnati is seeking to fill the position of Director for the Office of Divine Worship & Sacraments. The Director of the Office for Divine Worship & Sacraments is responsible for the ongoing liturgical formation and renewal of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES: Below is a list of some of the duties & responsibilities. Please click to view the full job description.
1. Plans/implements special projects as directed by the Archbishop (i.e. Light is On for You, Jubilee Year of Mercy, Outpouring, Year of the Eucharist, Year of Paul, etc.); researches and provides answers to liturgical questions of Archbishop, clergy, and lay persons; reads and comments on new liturgical documents at the Archbishop’s request; prepares and responds to letters/emails of a liturgical nature, including those at the request of the Archbishop.
2. Oversees special projects related to new liturgical rites/norms/decrees (i.e. General Instruction of the Roman Missal, preparation for the Roman Missal, Third Edition, Redemptionis Sacramentum, Summorum Pontificum, Order of Matrimony, other rites of the Church).
3. Oversees the writing and publishing of archdiocesan liturgical ministry resources/publications: Celebrating Marriage, Preparing Funeral Liturgies, Eucharistic Adoration and Exposition Guidelines, Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion: A Parish Formation Program, A House of Salvation and Grace, Church Musician Employment & Salary Guidelines, Guidelines for Purchasing a New Organ, and others as needed.
4. At the request of the Archbishop, oversees development of diocesan liturgical guidelines; upon approval, communicates them to priests, deacons, and parish communities.
5. Chairs the Archdiocesan Worship Commission and its sub-committees with the exception of: Environment and Art (Chair Rev. Ryan Ruiz, Director of Liturgy for the seminary who has ultimate authority in these matters), Music (Mr. Anthony DiCello, Archdiocesan Director of Music). Does Chair: RCIA Consultation Group, Revitalizing Sacramental Ministry; collaborates with committee chair persons, develops meeting agendas and attends meetings of the Worship Commission and its standing sub-committees; provides liturgical formation programs as advised by the Worship Commission and its sub-committees.
6. In collaboration with the seminary Director of Liturgy (Rev. Ryan Ruiz – ultimate authority under the Archbishop) who chairs the AOC Environment and Art Committee, reviews architectural plans for new church buildings or renovations with pastor, liturgical designer, and architect; communicates recommendations to the Archbishop and ultimately to the pastor; upon request by the pastor, visits parishes and provides consultation on church building projects; assists parishes with questions regarding the dedication liturgies.
7. Regularly communicates any upcoming events, liturgical announcements, and new guidelines with pastors, deacons, pastoral ministers, and parish members through Clergy Communications, AOC Worship Office web page, Worship Office monthly e-newsletter, mailings, and social media.
The Director of the Office for Divine Worship & Sacraments should possess the following qualifications: a minimum of a SLL, a STL in Sacramental Theology/Liturgy, or a Master’s degree in Liturgy or Liturgical Studies with pastoral experience at the diocesan or parish level; working knowledge of the Church’s liturgical documents; excellent communication skills, written and verbal; the ability to work with clergy, pastoral ministers and the lay faithful; the ability to develop necessary programming to meet the liturgical needs of the Archdiocese; proficient in Microsoft Office and uses modern communications technology.
Please send letter of interest, resume and Application for Employment to: The Department of Human Resources, 100 E. Eighth St., Cincinnati, OH 45202 or apply by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Application deadline is March 31, 2019.
*Employment is contingent on successful completion of all background checks and VIRTUS requirements.