St. Catharine of Siena Parish (Cincinnati/Westwood) is seeking to fill the position of Parish Secretary. This position reports to the Pastor of the Parish. This is a full-time position, Monday through Friday, hours 8:30 a.m. to 4:00 p.m.
Competencies for the position would include a general skill in administrative duties, a working knowledge of Microsoft Publisher, Excel and Word, the ability to maintain and update a database of parish records, ability to handle telephone duties, good organizational skills and the ability to work with parish staff, parishioners and others. Knowledge of VIRTUS process would be a plus.
Job duties would include, but are not limited to the following
- Perform administrative and secretarial duties for the Pastor and other staff. Handle telephone duties, process and distribute mail. Greet visitors.
- Maintain parish records, including census, sacramental and VIRTUS records. Track VIRTUS compliance.
- Oversee the timely opening and secure closing of the parish office each day.
- Gather and edit church bulletin contents, assemble bulletin.
- Maintain the parish offering (envelope) system. Post parishioner donations.
- Coordinate scheduling of weddings, funerals and other events.
- Assist persons seeking to register in the parish.
- Work with other staff members to provide assistance to persons in need.
- Maintain and update the parish website.
Interested applicants can mail a resume with qualifications and job history to the attention of BUSINESS MANAGER, St. Catharine of Siena Parish, 2848 Fischer Place, Cincinnati, OH 45211. Email responses may be sent to: Condren_p@stcatharinesiena.org.No phone inquiries please.