The Assistant Director of Music Ministry collaborates with the Regional Director of Music Ministry, Worship Commission, and other musicians to prepare liturgies and music for the parishes of Region XII, that leads the region to “fully conscious, and active participation in liturgical celebrations which is demanded by the very nature of the liturgy” (Sacrosanctum Concilium #14). Proficiencies in organ, piano, and voice are required.
Responsibilities and Duties
• Plan and provide music for 2-3 liturgies per week in Region XII
• Lead at least one weekly rehearsal
• Plan and provide music for weekly school mass in collaboration with the Regional Director (August – May).
• Develop school choir in collaboration with the Regional Director
• Maintain instruments, equipment, and musical repertoire
• Maintain liturgical records within the region
• Assist with funerals, school masses, Holy Days, and other liturgies.
• Assist in all large liturgies (Christmas, Triduum) in collaboration with the Regional Director
• Active, practicing Catholic
• Bachelor’s degree in music
• Experience performing and directing music in Catholic liturgical settings
• Knowledge of a wide breadth of liturgical music from traditional hymnody to contemporary praise and worship.
• Demonstrated proficiency in both organ and piano, with the ability to sing while playing.
• Ability to work appropriately with adults, teens, and children
• Familiarity with norms related to Catholic liturgy and sacred music
• Strong organizational and time management skills
• Dependable, responsible, self-motivated, and creative
• Flexible in work hours including evenings, weekends, and holidays
• Successfully complete VIRTUS child/vulnerable adult protection training
• Successfully pass required BCI/FBI background checks prior to employment and every five years
• Commuting and ministering in multiple parishes that are no more than fifteen minutes apart by car.
• Salary commensurate with education and experience
• Additional compensation for weddings ($175) and funerals ($100) as needed
Candidates may submit a letter of interest, resume, and references to email@example.com or by mail to: Andrew Larochelle, Director of Music Ministry, 6161 Chambersburg Road, Dayton, OH 45424.