Full-time position in the maintenance department responsible for performing a variety of tasks related to build and ground maintenance.
• Performs needed and scheduled maintenance of Church, School Building, Parish Office, Rectory, and other areas and halls of the facility.
• Cleans restrooms throughout the facility, cleans classrooms, hallways, church, undercroft, Hall, and other areas of the physical plant as scheduled and needed because of use or need.
• Will perform preventative maintenance on and basic repair on HVAC, electrical, and plumbing as directed when needed. Completes minor electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting, and equipment repair tasks. Minimizes outsourcing requirements.
• Ensures all ground maintenance is completed including mowing, trimming, and weeding of parking lots is done as directed. Ensures sidewalk, steps, and other areas are cleared of snow/ice, on a seasonal and as needed “On-Call” basis.
• Provides general assistance as needed in preparation for functions to be held in the churches, school, or other parish buildings. This may include setting up chairs, setting up tables, moving equipment, etc.
• Maintains all supply room and janitor closets in a safe, organized, and clean fashion.
• During the summer months will work at preparing the school for the upcoming school year along with any other special projects while maintaining the other campus facilities.
• During the school year, emphasis will change to maintaining the operation and cleanliness of the school along with the remainder of the facilities.
• Practicing Catholic preferred
• High school graduate with 5-7 years of maintenance or custodial experience.
• Basic electrical, plumbing, carpentry, and painting skills are desirable.
• Ability to handle the physical nature of the job, e.g. working outside in inclement weather, lifting 75 Ibs., mowing on hills, traversing multiple stairs numerous times a day in a fast-paced environment.
• Must be able to be on call to assist with emergencies.
• Able to complete tasks with minimal oversight, independent, responsive, self-starter, and able to work with the church and school employees and volunteers.
• Communicates well with the supervisor and other team members.
Employment is contingent on the successful completion of all background checks and Virtus requirements. Interested candidates should email a cover letter, resume, and references to St. Teresa of Avila Parish Attention: Mr. Thoman 1175 Overlook Ave. Cincinnati, OH 45238 Please, no phone calls.