Villa Madonna Academy, a co-ed K-12 Catholic, Benedictine school founded by the Sisters of St. Walburg Monastery and located in Villa Hills, Kentucky, is seeking a Director of Advancement.
The full time Director of Advancement reports to Villa’s Executive Director and is a member of the school’s Administrative Leadership Team and the Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors.
The Office of Advancement provides leadership and vision for a comprehensive development/institutional advancement program for Villa while overseeing development, alumni relations, and communications/marketing. The Director of Advancement possesses strong fund-raising skills, demonstrated success in achieving funding goals and developing/implementing a multi-faceted strategy for fundraising, and the ability to cultivate and sustain relationships with multiple levels of donors, sponsors, foundations, corporations, and the Villa community. The position requires strong organization and networking skills, the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously, and an eye for detail. Excellent written and verbal communication skills are required.
• Bachelor’s Degree with a minimum five years experience as a development professional or Director of Advancement
• Ability to appreciate and communicate a passion for Catholic college preparatory education
• Previous experience in managing a capital campaign and proven ability in soliciting major gifts
• Ability to work independently and provide vision and direction for development programs while building a team of
professionals and volunteers to execute the advancement vision
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple projects and work closely with administration, staff, board, donors, parents, and volunteers
• Ability to build and manage a positive, motivated development team
• Experience in Grant Writing (preferred)
• Experience in a faith-based school or not-for-profit environment preferred.
Interested candidates should complete and submit the following:
Cover letter with responses to the following questions:
What attracts you to the Villa Madonna Academy mission and vision for the future?
Why do you believe that you are a match for this unique opportunity to direct the advancement
Describe your leadership style.
What past experiences in development, marketing, communication, and/or enrollment management/volunteer management best align
with what you perceive to be the challenges of directing advancement for a school like Villa?
Resume: Include three professional references with email addresses and phone numbers.
Please email your completed application as an attached PDF to email@example.com Position is open until filled. Salary is commensurate with experience and in accordance with school guidelines. For more information about Villa Madonna Academy, please visit http://www.villamadonna.org