Catholic Social Action
100 East 8th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Phone: (513) 421-3131 ext. 2660
Fax: (513) 421-1582
Pam Long – Regional Director
Catholic Social Action
1436 Needmore Road
Dayton, OH 45414
Phone: (937) 224-3026
Fax: (937) 341-5036
Sign up for our action alerts and email communications!
Greater Cincinnati Area Action Alerts: email@example.com
Greater Dayton and Northern Areas Social Justice Updates: firstname.lastname@example.org
St. Francis Pledge Update (e-newsletter for Care for Creation information and updates): email@example.com
Catholic Campaign for Human Development
CCHD operates out of the Catholic Social Action office, and it is supported by an Archdiocesan CCHD Committee that consists of parishioners from across the archdiocese. The purpose of CCHD efforts in the Archdiocese is two-fold. We seek to:
- Fund groups in the archdiocese who are working to end poverty. We fund groups through the donations you make to the CCHD collection which takes place at your parish the weekend before Thanksgiving; and
- Educate Catholics in the Archdiocese about poverty and equip them to work for change.
Are you a funded organization or an organization interested in CCHD funding?
Want to Know What Your CCHD Dollars Accomplished Last Year?
Check out our report “YOUR dollars are making CHANGE!”
Read about some of our great successes, including the stories of Tracey at S.E.L.F. in Hamilton and Dominic in Cincinnati. In the Archdiocese of Cincinnati last year, CCHD groups empowered:
- 1064 people below the poverty line, including:
- 234 who found jobs or received new job skills trainings;
- 230 who participated in adult financial management and education classes;
- 380 youth who participated in leadership and life skills classes.
- Of 110 returning citizens served, no convictions for any new crimes;
- $200,000 in wrongfully withheld wages returned to workers;
- Passage of the Cincinnati Wage Theft Ordinance, the first in Ohio;
- 32 vacant homes demolished or rehabbed, and improved utility services in low-income neighborhoods;
- Two cooperative gardens, and two cooperative businesses in low-income urban and rural communities;
- Support and leadership trainings for young immigrants.
Please give generously on CCHD Collection Weekend, Nov. 19-20, 2016!
As Archbishop Dennis Schnurr notes, “Through CCHD, we show mercy, not by providing a handout, but by providing a life-changing hand up.”
- Download Archbishop Schnurr’s Appeal Letter here.
- You can also download a sample bulletin insert and additional promotional links here.
The State of Poverty in the Archdiocese
Across the 19-counties of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, about 1 in every 8 people live in poverty. In our urban counties, it can be about 1 in every 7; and in some rural counties, it can be 1 in nearly every 4! The Glenmary Research Center has prepared this informative snapshot of certain demographic characteristics of the Archdiocese, including age, race, poverty, household income, and religious characteristics. View their report here.