Catholic Social Action
100 East 8th Street
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Phone: (513) 421-3131 ext. 2660
Fax: (513) 421-1582
Catholic Social Action
1436 Needmore Road
Dayton, OH 45414
Phone: (937) 224-3026
Fax: (937) 341-5036
Catholic Campaign for Human Development
CCHD operates out of the Catholic Social Action office, and it is supported by an Archdiocesan CCHD Committee that consists of parishioners from across the archdiocese. The purpose of CCHD efforts in the Archdiocese is two-fold. We seek to:
- Fund groups in the archdiocese who are working to end poverty. We fund groups through the donations you make to the CCHD collection which takes place at your parish the weekend before Thanksgiving; and
- Educate Catholics in the Archdiocese about poverty and equip them to work for change.
Are you a funded organization or an organization interested in CCHD funding?
Archbishop Dennis Schnurr: CCHD empowers us to “be a more merciful Church.” Please, give generously to the annual collection, Nov. 21-22, 2015.
In his appeal letter this year, Archbishop Dennis Schnurr urges us to prepare for the Year of Mercy by supporting the agencies funded through the Catholic Campaign for Human Development. These agencies help us to become more powerful agents of God’s mercy by opening up social and economic structures for those on the fringes. Read the Archbishop’s letter, and please give generously on collection weekend, November 21-22.
Your 2014 – 2015 Dollars Are Making Change!
Want to know what your CCHD donations accomplished? Check out this list of accomplishments from 2014-2015.
Last year, CCHD-funded organizations directly helped over 3,400 low-income individuals in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati through employment, job skills training, critical educational opportunities, and leadership training. This includes:
· 58 new jobs
· 708 youth in educational and leadership programs
· 50 % reduction of crime in certain neighborhoods
· 1,054 adults in education, life skills, and leadership efforts
· $213,343 in services redirected to low-income communities
· 3,428 total number of people directly benefitting from CCHD-funded efforts in the Archdiocese!
2014 – 2015 CCHD Funded Groups in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati
The State of Poverty in the Archdiocese
Across the 19-counties of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, about 1 in every 8 people live in poverty. In our urban counties, it can be about 1 in every 7; and in some rural counties, it can be 1 in nearly every 4! The Glenmary Research Center has prepared this informative snapshot of certain demographic characteristics of the Archdiocese, including age, race, poverty, household income, and religious characteristics. View their report here.