Communication & Mission Promotion Contact:
Director of Media Relations
Communication & Mission Promotion
Regarding the handling of clerical abuse:
- There are no archdiocesan priests in active ministry who have had a substantiated allegation of sexual abuse of a minor.
- The Archdiocese of Cincinnati is committed to doing everything possible to eliminate this horrific evil from our parishes and schools. Please report any suspected abuse on the part of any agent of the archdiocese to the appropriate civil authorities, as well as to the Coordinator of Ministry to Survivors of Abuse in the archdiocese. This can be done by calling 513.263.6623 or 1.800.686.2724 ext. 6623 or by submitting a report online, here.
- You may also report misconduct via EthicsPoint, which is linked on the homepage of our website.
- All employees of the archdiocese, including priests, are background checked and must stay current on Virtus.
- For more than a decade the archdiocese has posted on its website the names of those priests removed from ministry due to substantiated allegations of sexual abuse of a minor.
- The archdiocese has also posted the names of religious order priests who have ministered in the archdiocese who have been identified by their respective communities as having been removed from ministry for reasons of abuse.