Suggested Resources for Infusion
- Many parish groups choose to utilize one of the Sunday scripture readings for their infusion experience.
For using the Sunday scriptures a ready tool, Christ at the Center, is available from the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and can be downloaded in pdf format.
Some additional Scriptural Reflection and Sharing resources are:
- Disciples in Prayer: A Resource for Faith Sharing. Oregon Catholic Press, in collaboration with the Secretariat for Evangelization of the United States Conference of Catholic Bishops (USCCB), produces these booklets for each of the 3 liturgical cycles. They contain the references for the Scripture readings for Sundays and feasts. There is a selection of appropriate hymns in the back and a music CD is available for each cycle. www.ocp.org
- The Sunday Lectionary Readings for the year enable monthly meeting attendees to prepare ahead for the discussion and, hopefully, to develop on their own, a weekly habit of reflecting on the Sunday Scriptures
2. Additional Infusion Resources
We can help adults appreciate the value of the Adult Faith Formation experience at meetings by directly targeting the committee or organization’s specific purpose or needs.
Church Documents. Some groups prefer to use excerpt from Church documents such as:
- The Catechism of the Catholic Church or its Compendium
- Disciples Called to Witness, The New Evangelization
- The New Evangelization, Disciples on Mission in the World
- National Directory for Catechesis
- The Challenge of Peace (condensed version)
- Economic Justice for All
- Called and Gifted for the Third Millennium
- The encyclical: Deus Caritas
- Evangelization in the Modern World
- Church in America
Other Print Materials: The Media Centers of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati contain more Catholic print materials that can be used in the infusion process.