Office for Marriage & Family Evangelization & Discipleship
100 East Eighth St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Dan Thimons, Director x 2621
Benj Klare, Anti-porn x 2625
Ryan Mahle, Marriage Prep
Congratulations on your engagement! Please know that our prayers are with you for a strong, fruitful, and lasting marriage. Begin taking steps for a joy-filled marriage as soon as you are engaged.
Steps for a joy-filled marriage preparation:
- As soon as possible after your engagement, contact your parish and set up a meeting with a priest or deacon. He will walk you through the following steps to assist you in preparing for a life-long and joy-filled marriage…
- Complete one of the following marriage preparation inventories and participate in follow up:
- Choose your own married mentor couple based on the Witness to Love model.
- Complete at least one of the following formational programs (check with your parish for their requirements before registering):
- Engaged Retreat Day (2018 Pre-Cana)
- Genesis (2019 Pre-Cana)
- Cana II (for widows, widowers, and those receiving an annulment)
- Ruah Woods (God’s Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage & Living a Joy-Filled Marriage)
- Catholic Engaged Encounter (2 or 3 day marriage preparation weekend retreat)
- Spanish Language Retreat Day (flyer, registration)
- Parish Based Program
- Complete a course in Natural Family Planning through one of the following NFP providers:
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Pray as a couple daily
- Participate in on-going events for married couples at your parishes or neighboring parishes. Engage in marriage enrichment practices.
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions for Engaged Couples
If you have additional questions, please call our office at 513-421-3131, ext. 2621 or email email@example.com.
NEED TO RESCHEDULE PRE-CANA?
send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.