100 East Eighth St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 421-3131 voice
(513) 421-1582 fax
Dan Thimons x 2621
Teresa Kaltenbach, Admin. Asst. x 2653
1436 Needmore Rd.
Dayton OH 45414
(937) 222-0227 voice
(937) 279-9482 fax
Congratulations on your engagement! Please know that our prayers are with you for a strong, fruitful, and lasting marriage. Begin taking steps for a joy-filled marriage as soon as you are engaged.
Steps for a joy-filled marriage preparation:
- As soon as possible after your engagement, contact your parish and set up a meeting with a priest or deacon. He will walk you through the following steps to assist you in preparing for a life-long and joy-filled marriage…
- Complete one of the following marriage preparation inventories and participate in follow up:
- Choose your own married mentor couple based on the Witness to Love model.
- Complete at least one of the following formational programs (check with your parish for their requirements before registering):
- Engaged Retreat Day (Pre-Cana)
- Cana II (for widows, widowers, and those receiving an annulment)
- Ruah Woods (God’s Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage & Living a Joy-Filled Marriage)
- Catholic Engaged Encounter (2 or 3 day marriage preparation weekend retreat)
- Spanish Language Retreat Day (flyer, registration)
- Parish Based Program
- Complete a course in Natural Family Planning through one of the following NFP providers:
- Receive the Sacrament of Reconciliation
- Pray as a couple daily
- Participate in on-going events for married couples at your parishes or neighboring parishes. Engage in marriage enrichment practices.
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions for Engaged Couples
If you have additional questions, please call our office at 513-421-3131, ext. 2621 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
NEED TO RESCHEDULE PRE-CANA?
Call Teresa Kaltenbach at 513-421-3131 ext. 2653