Office for Marriage & Family Evangelization & Discipleship
100 East Eighth St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202
Dan Thimons, Director x 2621
Benj Klare, Anti-porn x 2625
Ryan Mahle, Marriage Prep
Congratulations on your engagement! Please know that our prayers are with you for a strong, fruitful, and lasting marriage. Begin taking steps for a joy-filled marriage as soon as you are engaged.
Steps for a joy-filled marriage preparation:
- As soon as possible after your engagement, contact your parish and set up a meeting with a priest or deacon. He will walk you through the following steps to assist you in preparing for a life-long and joy-filled marriage…
- Complete one of the following marriage preparation inventories and participate in follow up:
- Choose your own married mentor couple based on the Witness to Love model.
- Complete at least one of the following formational programs (check with your parish for their requirements before registering):
- Genesis (2019 Pre-Cana)
- Cana II (for widows, widowers, and those receiving an annulment)
- Ruah Woods (God’s Plan for a Joy-Filled Marriage & Living a Joy-Filled Marriage)
- Catholic Engaged Encounter (2 or 3 day marriage preparation weekend retreat)
- Spanish Language Retreat Day (flyer, registration)
- Parish Based Program
Check out these Frequently Asked Questions for Engaged Couples
If you have additional questions, please call our office at 513-421-3131, ext. 2621 or email email@example.com.
NEED TO RESCHEDULE PRE-CANA?
send an email to:firstname.lastname@example.org.