Divine Worship and Sacraments
The Office for Divine Worship and Sacraments (ODWS) assists the Archbishop in his role as “high priest of the flock” (Constitution on the Sacred Liturgy, 41), supporting the Church of Cincinnati in celebrating the sacraments and other celebrations of divine worship. “Christ is always present in his Church, especially in her liturgical celebrations.” (Catechism of the Catholic Church, 1088)
The ODWS aims to:
- Provide formation opportunities for parishes, schools, and institutions within the archdiocese to enable the faithful to better participate in the sacramental life of the Church (workshops, conferences, consultation, online and print resources).
- Assist the Archbishop in making policies and norms regarding liturgical and sacramental ministry in the archdiocese.
- Facilitate archdiocesan celebrations of divine worship and sacraments (e.g. Rite of Election, Chrism Mass, Catholic Schools Mass, etc.
The Light is On For You: March 24
Every parish/pastoral region in the Archdiocese of Cincinnati will offer the Sacrament of Penance on Tues, March 24 from 7p-9p. Pastors and parish leaders can find resources to assist in this celebration. Resources to assist the faithful in making a good confession can be found here.
Participate in our new webinar series for RCIA ministers – veteran and novice – from the comfort of your desk or couch! Topics include:
- Breaking Open the Word – Best Practices
- Year-Round Catechumenate and Change
- Reception of Baptized Christians – Not Just at Easter
Just 90 minutes, including time for Q&A and discussion!
Click here for more details and to get signed up!
Explore resources for ministry to young families preparing for the baptism of their children. Find followup materials from our recent workshops With Great Joy and many other helpful resources for pastoral ministers.
Follow the title link above for dates, locations, and times of the March 2020 training sessions for Extraordinary Ministers of Holy Communion. One session is focused on ministry to the sick, hospitalized, or homebound.
April dates and locations to be determined for multiple sessions conducted in Spanish for those
who minister in Spanish-speaking communities.
Explore resources for celebrating the first-ever Sunday of the Word of God on January 26th: liturgical resources for parishes, resources for families, and more!
This new document lays out what kinds of projects need consultation with the Archdiocesan Committee on Sacred Art & Architecture, and ultimately approval of Archbishop Schnurr. Before you begin a renovation or reconfiguration project in your church, chapel, or oratory, please reference these guidelines and contact the ODWS or the chair of the committee with any questions or concerns.