100 E. Eighth St.
Cincinnati, OH 45202-2193
Phone: (513) 421-3131 ext. 2741
Fax: (513) 421-1582
Girl Scouts Memorandum of Understanding Information
On May 2 2013, Archbishop Schnurr and Roni Luckenbill, Chief Executive Officer of the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio signed a historic agreement formalizing the long-standing relationship between the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and the Girl Scouts of Western Ohio.
The Memorandum of Understanding establishes a mutual framework of cooperation that will serve as a template for the relationship between Girl Scout troops and the Archdiocesan parishes and schools that have them. Ultimately each school/parish in the Archdiocese with a Girl Scout troop will sign a Memorandum of Understanding as well. Each party to the agreement makes a number of commitments. For example, the first five of fifteen specific obligations for the Girl Scouts are:
- Respect the teaching of the Roman Catholic Church, and the practices, policies, aims, and objectives of the Archdiocese of Cincinnati and its parishes and schools;
- Assist in meeting those objectives through its programming for girls ages 5-17 and through support of religious awards;
- Provide year-round support to the Girl Scout troops/groups and volunteers located in Catholic institutions (e.g., parishes, schools);
- Maintain regular, ongoing communications with the Archdiocese of Cincinnati, normally through the Office of Young and Young Adult Ministry;
- Communicate regularly and work closely with and support the parish’s or school’s designated liaison.
The Archdiocese agreement runs for a period of three years, renewable, and may be terminated by any one of the parties at any time. Parish/School agreements should be renewed each year.
To view the Archdiocese Memorandum of Understanding, follow the link Archdiocese Memorandum of Understanding
To view and/or print the parish Memorandum of Understanding, follow the link Memorandum of Understanding